Making underwear is a great way to gain confidence in sewing with knit fabrics and elastic. Build your skills and fill your underwear drawer with comfortable and fun underwear!
In this one day class, you'll learn:
- how to measure yourself and choose a pattern and pattern size for you
- how to choose fabrics and elastics for panties (and where to buy them)
- reading a pattern and cutting fabric
- tricks for sewing with knits and elastics
Once you register, we'll provide you with a suggested pattern list with different sizes and styles. We will also have material kits available for you to purchase, and a material list/shopping suggestions list so you'll be able to find the materials you need in the future.
You will need to have basic sewing skills and knowledge of your machine, but you don't have to be a super sewer to take this class.
What you'll need for this class:
- a working sewing machine with adjustable straight and zig zag stitches (a limited number of machines are available to rent as well.) Don't forget your cords, pedal, and an extension cord
- 75/11 stretch Schmetz needles (also available to purchase)
- polyester thread (we recommend Gutermann, which we have for sale if you'd like to order in advance)
- a measuring tape
- pen/pencil, fabric marking pen, pins, fabric scissors, rotary cutter
If you have any questions about this class, please reach out!